Personal Data Collected and Purposes for Use
You can visit the Sites and learn about the products and services we provide without providing personal information. You do need to provide personal information, however, to purchase products, receive personalized support, or to use the interactive features of the Sites or Apps. We do not collect any personal information on the Sites unless you provide it voluntarily. However, certain non-personally identifiable information, such as IP address, is collected automatically from every Site visitor, even if not voluntarily provided, as discussed further under “Non-Personal Information,” and if third party advertising occurs on the Site, these companies may collect your personal information as described below under “Banner Advertising.”
1. Registration as User of Sites or Apps.
Our Sites allow you to register with an account to allow ease of use of the Sites for future purchases of products. In order to register, we require you to provide us valid and accurate contact information including name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as a user name and password (collectively, “Site Registration Information”).
After downloading REM-Fit Active or another of our interactive Apps, you may register for an account via the App. This is necessary in order to make use of the REM-Fit Active device. In order to register for a REM-Fit Active account, you will need to provide name, date of birth, height, weight, gender, user name and password, as well as choose one of the lifestyle types (such as active or sedentary) (collectively, “App Registration Information”).
In addition to the General Purposes, we use Site Registration Information and App Registration Information to make it more convenient for you to use our services, to communicate with you about your transactions and activities with us, and to fulfill requests that you make of us.
2. Purchases Via Sites. We also collect certain information submitted during transactions on the Sites based on your activities, including purchasing, as well as shipping and billing information, and other information you provide in connection with buying a product (collectively, “Order Information”). You may also purchase products from the Sites as a guest, in which case no account is created for you. Any credit card information, including name on card, card number, expiration date and verification code, as entered by a user as part of a purchase is retained only until the order is fulfilled. In addition to the General Purposes, we use Order Information in order to fulfill the orders you place.
3. Use of Apps. When you use a REM-Fit Active device and the REM-Fit Active App, an array of information about your activities will be generated through use of the device, including metrics regarding the number of steps taken, calories burned, amount of sleep and similar physical observations made possible by the device. In addition, you may enter other personal information such as personal goals, types of physical activity, and length of other physical activity (all information described above, “App Use Information”). Where you have enabled the App to share your data with common third party Social Media sites and apps, the App will record the friends you have interacted with. We receive App Use Information either when you enter it directly into the App, or in the case of device-generated information, when you sync the device with the App. In addition to the General Purposes, we use App Use Information in order to provide you with support for our products and services.
4. Warranty Registrations or Claims. The Sites permit registered users to register product warranties for products they have purchased by entering identifying information for each product purchased, as well as information about date of purchase. Users may also make warranty claims by entering information about the product in question and the facts surrounding the warranty claim. In addition to the General Purposes, we use information provided in connection with warranties to register your warranty and adjudicate your warranty claims.
5. Other Activities on Sites. We may also collect certain personal information that you provide through support requests, chats or user forms (or other interactive portions of the Sites), correspondence or dispute resolution. In addition to the General Purposes, we use this information to provide support to you and to fulfill your requests.
6. Social Media. We may collect your user name and other information you transmit to us over Social Media platforms when you interact with our specific page or Social Media accounts. In addition to the General Purposes, we use the information you provide on Social Media to respond to your requests or questions, to improve our services, and for other purposes as disclosed at the time of the interaction.
7. Newsletters and Other E-mails from Us. You may register to receive our newsletter on the Sites in order to obtain information we believe our users will value, as well as information about new or improved products and services. In addition, we may send you e-mails as part of fulfilling your orders and requests. Users may opt-out of receiving marketing and similar e-mails; see the section below entitled “Communications from the Site and Your Choices.”
E-mails from us may contain web beacons or “clear .gifs.” These are small graphic images that can be used for recording when an e-mail has been opened in order to track the performance of e-mail campaigns. We and our third party service providers currently log responses from web beacons, but this information is not stored or linked to your personal information in our systems.
8. Non-personal Information. We automatically collect your IP address and other non-personal information when you visit our Sites. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information, and to track usage patterns in the Sites, including mobile sites. With respect to use of our mobile sites and/or the Apps, we also may collect the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID), mobile operating system, type of mobile browser in use, and geo-location information. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users. In addition to the General Purposes, we use this information to properly display our Sites, to help diagnose problems with our systems, and to administer our Sites.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. To disable this function in your web browser, choose the “help” menu and follow the instructions for deleting cookies and preventing your browser from downloading additional cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, you can still browse our Sites, but you may be unable to purchase items on the Site or obtain support through chat sessions on the Sites, or otherwise to access certain aspects of the services available on the Sites.
10. Refer-A-Friend. The Sites or Apps may provide you with the opportunity to refer our products or services to a friend by providing such friend’s e-mail address to us. We use such information to contact such friend using your name, in order to inform the friend that you believe the friend would be interested in our products and services.
11. Banner Advertising. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on the Sites. These third-party advertising companies may also separately place or recognize cookie files on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Sites or Apps. Using cookies or other technology, these advertisers may use information about your computer or other device, combined with personally identifiable information collected by the advertiser, about your visits to our Sites and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. To the extent that you wish to opt out of these practices by third party advertisers, you may visit the website identified below which is maintained by the advertising industry to allow a single location to effect opt-outs with respect to all participating advertisers: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We do not sell or rent your personal data to non-affiliated third parties unless you have opted in to such sharing. Other than as described in the previous sentence, we will not share your personal data with third parties without your permission, other than (i) as necessary or appropriate to carry out transactions you make on the Sites or Apps, (ii) comply with applicable law, court order or other judicial process, (iii) enforce or apply agreements with you, (iv) protect the rights, property, or safety of us, other users or third parties, (v) as noted in the two paragraphs immediately following below, or (vi) as otherwise required or permitted under applicable law.
In the unlikely event of a corporate transaction such as a sale or reorganization, or the bankruptcy or similar restructuring of JAB Distributors, LLC, we reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer your personal data to potential buyer(s) as part of such process. Your personal data will not be sold or assigned separately from the goodwill of our company in such process.
We may also hire contractors to provide certain services on our behalf, including analyses of our Sites and Apps, information processing and storage, and/or development of new products or services. As part of their services to us, these contractors may have access to some or all of the data that we maintain, including your personal data, but they are required to maintain all data in confidence and to use the data only in order to provide services to us.
Communications from the Site and Your Choices
You may receive promotional e-mails regarding the Sites, Apps and/or the products or services of us and our partners. Promotional e-mails are messages whose purpose is to make you aware of services available on the Sites, Apps and/or other products or services that you have not purchased. You may choose not to receive these promotional e-mails at any time either by following the opt-out instructions on the e-mail in question or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us several days in which to process your opt-out request.
In addition, the Sites may from time to time offer users the opportunity to opt in to other types of communications from us, such as newsletters, white papers or the like. These communications are provided to you only with your consent, and you may opt out from receiving further editions at any time. Simply follow the instructions included with the publication in question or send an e-mail with the name of the publication to us at email@example.com. Certain e-mail messages from the Sites, such as responses to your queries or other transactional messages for all users of the Site or purchases of certain products or services, may not be opted out of, and the only way to avoid receiving these messages is to close your account at the applicable Site.
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating “Do Not Track” signals generated by users’ Web or mobile browsers. Thus, the Sites are unable to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Please refer to the instructions in your browser in order to determine the appropriate settings in order to signal your preferences in this regard, but be aware that all of the functionality of the Sites may not be available to you if your settings block tracking cookies placed by us or by third parties.
Should you wish to opt out of the tracking performed by third party advertisers on the Sites, you may visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp in order to opt-out of this tracking on our Sites and third party Web sites.
Children Under 13
The Sites are provided for users over the age of 18. If you are a child under the age of 18, please do not use the Sites.
The Sites and Apps have reasonable security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Only our employees who need to access the information to perform a specific task have access to your personal information, and the computers/servers on which your personal information is stored are kept in a secure environment. When you submit or view sensitive information via our Sites, such as credit card information, that information is subject to secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data during transmission, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account username and password), log out of your account after use, and close your web browser. If you do share your password or personal information with anyone, you are responsible for all actions taken in your account’s name. Because of this, if the security of your password has been compromised in any way, you are responsible for immediately notifying us and for changing your password.
Your Use of Chat Rooms and Forums
The Sites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. You agree not to post any message or information that may be defamatory, libelous, or offensive to any third parties, or that violates the intellectual property or other rights of such third parties. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. We strongly recommend that you do not post your e-mail address or other personal information in these areas because this information is publicly available for anyone to see and unscrupulous third parties may use this information to form 'spam' lists or may otherwise misuse this information. We are not responsible for the use or misuse of information posted by you in public forums by other users of the Sites, and you hereby assume all liability for any messages or information posted by you in any such area.
Updating Your Personal Data
You can review and update your personal data by logging into your account at the Site. You should act to update it promptly upon changes in your personal data or to correct any errors in it. At your request, we will close your account and make any personal data pertaining to you no longer publicly viewable as soon as reasonably possible, in accordance with applicable law.
Third Party Websites
The Sites may contain links to third party Web sites as well as third party advertisements, and additionally, the App allows sharing of certain information, including personal information, with Social Media platforms. We are not responsible for and have no liability for the privacy or other practices of these third party Web sites or Social Media platforms. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each third party Web site or Social Media platform that you visit or provide data to.
Suggestions, materials or other intellectual property sent to transmitted to us via the Sites are the property of JAB Distributors, LLC, and you hereby relinquish any claim to such items, or for remuneration for the same. All such items are deemed non-confidential and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such items and shall be free to use and distribute them to others, including making products or services using or incorporating them.
1500 South Wolf Road
Wheeling, IL 60090
© 2016 JAB Distributors, LLC. All rights reserved.